Thursday, January 11, 2007

ode to MY precious

Oh you are such a cute, little itty bitty thing. I love how easily you fit in the palm of my hand, how light and weightless you are. I can take you every where I go and I do. You are my constant companion. With you by my side, I never feel alone.

You keep me entertained for hours. You never bore me. In fact, you always surprise me with what you’re going to do next. You’re there for me during the long waits at the bus stops. And you never fail to get me through a metro delay. You even help me through the most tedious tasks at work. Thanks to you, I feel like I’m in my own little world, a world where the soundtrack to my life is playing in my head.

I think about you all the time. Do you have enough juice? Have you had enough rest? Uh oh. Is that a scratch on your shiny surface? Silly me, it’s just a piece of lint. I could never let anything or anyone mar your appearance. I take such great care of you!

Are you cold, little precious? Don’t worry, your little pink coat is on its way. I just got it from Amazon. I thought you might like it. I bought the green and white ones too, just in case you wanted to switch it up a bit. I know you’ll look adorable in them. Something tells me that you’ll look best in the pink.

How about your new home? Isn’t it cozy? I can’t even sleep until I know that you are comfortably by my side (well, maybe not right next to me…more like on my nightstand). There you rest, right next to my Tiffany jewelry and the new watch Jesse got me for Christmas. Two little Christmas gifts right next to each other!

I keep you satisfied. I keep your belly full. It is very important to me that you get what you need every night after work as soon as I get home. Every day this week, I’ve come home and wondered, what would little precious like next?

Perhaps a little bit of “the O.C. mix 1”? Or how about some Death Cab? Or maybe you’re in the mood for “The Sweet Escape” by Gwen Stefani? After all, I can almost always relate to Gwen’s music. She is probably the biggest contributor to the soundtrack to my life.

Thank you for providing hours of musical entertainment. Thank you for being by my side always. And thank you for being the stylish, functional thing you are. I love you, my little precious iPod.

Always and forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe, cute! Mine also has a pink er... overcoat too :oP

Thanks for the comment the other day and I'm glad you agree!

Mary Kate + Joe Battles said...

see, I never use mine, hardly ever. But I do love iTunes. Have a good weekend!