Friday, June 29, 2007

yet another trojan moves to DC

Dear Nick Young,

You don’t know me but I wanted to be one of the first to welcome you to the nation’s capital. I'm sure you were hoping the Clippers or the Lakers would pick you. But DC isn't so bad. As a fellow Trojan and fellow life-long Californian, I thought you might want to know a couple of things about living here. I heard that you’ve never lived outside of LA and let me tell you, it’s a whole other world out here. Here are a couple of pointers:

  • A lot of the highways here are 4 lanes wide (that’s two lanes per direction). Apparently aesthetics are far more important than efficiency. I know that it’s crazy so don’t even try to understand it.
  • There’s always traffic here. So if you thought leaving LA meant that you were going to leave traffic jams behind, you are mistaken.
  • It gets unbearably hot here during the summer. If I were you, I would fly back home as soon as the season ends. There’s no point in sweating it out in this swamp. Also, can you take me with you?
  • G. Wiz is no Tommy Trojan. He’s pretty dorky looking and definitely doesn’t inspire fear in the hearts of your opponents with a commanding presence. Also, when G. Wiz comes out on the court, he doesn’t have a song. No “Conquest,” no Traveler, no Tommy. However, G. Wiz does throw Chipotle burritos out into the crowd so that’s a nice plus.
  • Whatever you do, don't get injured. *knocking on wood*
  • Don’t worry about fitting in with the Wiz. First off, you have a fellow Angeleno in Gilbert Arenas, arguably the best guy on the team. Secondly, you’re a shooter. You and Caron can bond about that. And third, you’re not exactly known for your defensive skills. This makes you perfect for the Wiz, who are also not known for their defense.
  • If you stay out of trouble, this town is going to love you. This town will love you even more if you turn out to be the second coming of Gilbert Arenas.
Well, this is all I’ve got for now. Hope you love it here. Can’t wait to see you at the Verizon Center next year. You’ve finally given me a legitimate reason to wear my USC stuff to a Wiz game.

Keep an eye out for me. I’ll be the girl in cardinal and gold going mad crazy when you get called off of the bench!

Fight on!
an OC/Trojan girl

No comments: