For those of you who are outside of the DC or are not familiar with the DC blogging community, it's a pretty big deal around these parts. There are regular happy hours and meet ups and there are blogger hook ups and blog wars that often come out of those get-togethers. Personally, I've got enough drama in my life and I certainly don't want to get involved in any blogger drama because that's just dumb. And I'm not really part of the blogger "in crowd", which I'm entirely comfortable with. If I want to meet a blogger whose blog I thoroughly enjoy, I meet them one-on-one. For me, it's less stressful that way.
So, when my friend-in-real-life and fellow blog peep, Zipcode decided to host a happy hour, I was really hesitant. What if I have nothing in common with these people (despite the blogging)? What if I'm the odd person out that stays silent the whole night? What if I don't click with anybody? What if, what if, WHAT IF!!!!
As it turns out, Zip assembled a pretty impressive crew of awesome blog peeps so I was freaking out over nothing (which is so often the case).
I had the pleasure of meeting the bloggers behind these cool blogs:
- Zandria whose pumpkin spice cupcakes I became familiar with before meeting her (they were so yummy)
- Bilbo's Random Thoughts who was a fun metro buddy after happy hour!
- Anything PJ whose sense of style is phenomenal!
- Tales of a Media Addict who loves guns as much as Zip does
- To blog or... whose hysterical zinger of the night made Zip turn redder than I've ever seen her! (hmmm...I probably shouldn't repeat it here, but it was funny)
- Life of Brian, who loves motorcycles and brought a friend who went to high school with Jesse (small world!)
I encourage you all to check out their blogs and add them to your readers. I know they're going on mine!
For those of you looking for today's World AIDS Week post, it's coming...