Thursday, April 9, 2009

i think i am officially not a dog person

My sister's dog is out of control.  Granted, Jenny is still technically a puppy.  But she is constantly seeking attention, always trying to jump on top of you, always trying to lick you all over the place, and constantly sticking her snout where it doesn't belong. 

Don't get me wrong.  She's a cute little thing.  But this dog graduated from obedience school!  You would never know that upon meeting her.  She has no idea what the word No means.

In my two days here, she has stolen my slippers, turning them into chew toys.  She also stole one of my black flats.  Fortunately, I caught her before she tore them apart (the shoe is fine, just slightly drooled on).  She steals kleenex and loves to tear it to pieces, leaving her trail of destruction all over the house.  Seriously, there are tiny pieces of tissue everywhere!

I don't know what it is.  Am I just not used to living with a dog anymore?  Or do I just prefer kitties to doggies? 

You know, Nicky and Gracie aren't perfect.  They get into their fair share of trouble.  However, they have never ruined my shoes. 

Last night, I had a dream that I was sleeping with my kitties.  It felt so real that I was kinda bummed when I woke up and realized I was in my old bed in my old bedroom and Nicky and Gracie weren't there to wake me up.
I think I'm ready to go home now.

4 comments:

michelle said...

i know i am not a dog person... but that is because i am afraid of getting bitten!

Anonymous said...

For shame. Cats are great, but I'm a total dog person. That said, my dog doesn't eat my shoes so maybe that's why I love her so much.

Generation Next said...

Be not ashamed. I am 100% a cat person and I hate dogs. It's okay :)

Zandria said...

I agree! Dogs are great and all, but they always seem to be doing something naughty, no matter how well-trained they are. To dogs I say, "No, thank you. You are cute from afar. Stay that way!" :)