Friday, April 28, 2006

ask and you shall receive

I have been feeling that lately I haven't been doing much of anything at work. Having worked at the Gap, I was so used to doing something every minute of every work day and I was constantly on my feet and on the go. Apparently, having an office job is very different. According to my boyfriend (who went from managing restaurants to the IT industry) this relative boredom at work is common in office jobs. Well, I want my work life to have meaning, so I asked for some more responsibilities behind my boss' back (who doesn't want me helping other departments) and word spread that I wanted to do more stuff. So, NOW I have two new BIG projects (on top of the other two that I have) and today was my first day trying to balance my new workload with my old workload. Ugh, it's not easy. Apparently, you really should be careful what you wish for.

No comments: