Tuesday, April 11, 2006

First Ever Public Post

Hey All!

So, this is my first ever public post on my own blog. I have actually been blogging privately for a while, but was inspired to come out of the closet by Matt. I enjoy reading Matt's well-written blog and although I'm not saying that I will write as well as Matt, I can at least guarantee honesty and the occasional chuckle.

I decided that I have a quite a bit of free time at work, seeing as that I work in an office now and I apparently finish my work way too quickly. Since I've realized this, I have made a concerted effort to turn 1 hour tasks into 4 hour ones because otherwise the day will seem too long. Speaking of work, for those of you who don't know, I have finally left the Gap after 6 years and am now working for a progressive, pro-choice non-profit. Aditi asked me this weekend if I missed the Gap. Well...I do miss the people, but I sure as heck don't miss the work or the store. And I miss my Banana discount. Boy do I miss that discount! I now check the website weekly for sales and additional markdowns, which is a bizarre concept for me. I never waited for sales before. I know, I know--poor me.

And also for those of you who don't know, I am currently living with my boo, Jesse (until I find somewhere else). The whole housing drama is a story that I will post some other day and I won't disappoint with its craziness. The big news (although living with the boo is big news too) is that Jesse and I are contemplating a pet. Perhaps a cat, since dogs are generally kinda high maintenance. Since neither Jesse nor I are around at all during work hours, we need a pet who can manage on its own--like a cat. Cats tend to be pretty independent. So, if you have any tips on pet parenting, please pass those along. We are thinking of getting a cat from a shelter or animal rescue. I personally would prefer a female orange tabby or black/white fur.

No comments: