Thursday, June 15, 2006

it's like a whole other state up there

I'm very excited about this weekend and I can't wait for Saturday. Jesse and I are leaving Saturday for San Francisco to celebrate the big 2--our two year anniversary. Neither of us have ever been and we've both heard about what a beautiful city it is. Our patience with a particular crappy airline was rewarded with free tickets, so we decided to get away and head West for the big celebration.

When I've mentioned to people that I've never been to 'Frisco (and no, I don't really call it that), some people are completely shocked. "What! You've never been to San Francisco? But you're from California!!" Yes, I know I'm from SoCal, but people forget that Cali is a very big state. NorCal is totally different from SoCal. It's like a totally different state up there. And it might as well be. The East Coast has a bunch of different, little (by comparison) states. The West Coast has three. And Cali is pretty much most of the coast.

Besides the expected romantic, lovey-dovey stuff about the trip, I'm very much looking forward to going to the West Coast and experiencing something very different from the OC. The weather is expected to be in the high 60s, low 70s so it will be great to escape the heat in DC. I'm also very, very excited about Monday (which is the actual anniversary day); Jesse and I will be going to the Giants/Angels game--a rematch of the best World Series ever (the Angels won the whole thing). I know that every girl who just read that is thinking, I can't believe they're going to a baseball game for their anniversary. But if you know anything about Jesse and me, then you know that we're big baseball fans, that I LOVE the Angels (despite their current woes), and that Jesse is a Bonds fan. This is probably the perfect thing for us to do together to celebrate.

No comments: