Wednesday, June 28, 2006

other than the fact that they don't believe in teamwork, what about them?

I could go on and on about how long it took me to get to work yesterday (and today for that matter), but I will not. Instead I will entertain you with another story about my exciting adventures on mass transit.

Because the metro bus decided not to show up yesterday, I was forced to take the ART. I've been on the ART twice before due to lack of options (aka, metro bus = no show). Neither of those occasions were pleasant, mostly due to the lack of available air conditioning on the bus and the large number of fellow riders (for those of you familiar with ART, those buses are more like mini shuttles). So, I got on the ART and found a seat.

On our way to the next stop, I hear a woman to my right screaming, "C-I-A!!! F-B-I!!!" She says this repeatedly. I thought I was experiencing another one of my "only in DC" moments. But there's more! The ART unloaded a bit at the next stop and she pushed her way onto the seat behind her against the flow of traffic. She sat next to a girl who looked deathly afraid of the Crazy Woman. Crazy Woman yells, "if next stop yours, tell me! TELL ME, or I not move!!!" Poor girl (intern, I'm sure...she had that vibe about her) decides to move now, even though her stop wasn't coming up. As she moved, Crazy Woman screams, "STUPID, you so fat and stupid."

A few blocks later, Crazy Woman says, "C-I-A!!! F-B-I!!! Newborn baby, 4th of July!" At this point, I'm thinking, Crazy woman is either a poet or conspiracy theorist. She instantly reminds me of Mel Gibson's character in the movie, Conspiracy Theory. Perhaps she's a walking terrorist alert.

Then the woman sitting next to me says, "Esta enferma." She's sick? Really? You don't say. Then she warns me (in Spanish), "If you don't listen to her when she talks to you, she will hit you. I've seen her do it." I knew there was a reason why I don't like riding the ART.

When I took the ART today I must admit that I was a little disappointed to see that the Crazy Woman wasn't on. I was hoping for an entertaining ride to the Metro this morning. Instead I got Random Woman Staring At My Boobs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where my girlfriend was, I guess she is back on that ART again.

an orange county girl said...

that's hilarious. i'm sorry your gf's crazy.

Anonymous said...

so funny, how did I miss that! :)

I guess we really shouldn't laugh but as long as she's not in any pain..