Tuesday, June 13, 2006

please keep your feet inside your shoes at all times while in public

I was just on the bus on my way home today and I sat next to a woman that I see on the bus home quite frequently. Today, she was wearing these clear plastic jelly shoes with heels that didn't match her outfit. If this post was about how people really shouldn't be wearing plastic jelly shoes, then I would go off on her fashion tastes. Rather this is about hygiene. Kind of.

She proceeded to remove her shoes on the bus. And propped her naked feet on the seat arm in front of her. While sitting next to me. Needless to say, I was disgusted. And the "aroma" wasn't pleasant either.

This reminded me of something that I witnessed on Saturday. While waiting for patio seating at Dupont Italian Kitchen, a guy not-so-stealthily removed his sandals and started picking at his toes. While at the dinner table. In front of his friends. And worse yet...in front of me. It was enough to almost make me lose my appetite.

I don't get it. What makes these people think that it's ok to make yourself at home and just let your feet be free in public? I don't care if you have perfectly pedicured feet. Keep them in your shoes where they belong until you get home!

No comments: