Monday, August 21, 2006

what’s worse than being sick to your stomach while your boyfriend is around? nothing.

Last night, Jesse and I made a pit stop at Dairy Queen before heading over to the grocery store. What can I say? Ice cream is my weakness. I started to consume my cookie dough blizzard while outdoors and finished it while in the grocery store. It wasn’t until I was in the grocery store that I realized something smelled funny. I attributed it to the cheese that we were passing by in the dairy aisle. It wasn’t until I had finished the blizzard that I realized, in the cereal aisle, that the funny smell was coming from my blizzard cup. Perhaps the cups were stored in a smelly room, I thought. I thought nothing of it until midnight, when I woke up with the worst stomach cramps. The cramps ended up preventing my beauty sleep (which I so desperately need) and I now find myself working from home today, a few feet from the bathroom.

The worse part is that Jesse is home today too. If I was alone, I wouldn’t even think twice about my necessary runs to the bathroom. But since Jesse is here to witness my every move, I am too embarassed to move. Certainly, being sick to my stomach and running to the bathroom is not cute and it definitely isn’t sexy. When Jesse woke up this morning, needing to use the facilities, I sweetly told him, “Boo boo, you might want to wait a while.” And by “might” I meant, “have to.” And by “a while” I meant, “use the neighbor’s bathroom in the mean time.”

I guess today will mark the day that Jesse stopped seeing me as “sexy” and started seeing me as “human.”

1 comment:

Mary Kate + Joe Battles said...

I hope you're feeling better! And you're right, there is nothing worse, but every relationship does come to that day... the day where you go from goddess to human. But trust me, he loves you just as much as ever!