Monday, September 11, 2006

the new OC girl: a brief hair history

A long, long time ago, I got a bad haircut. When I first moved here, my grown out bob needed a trim, so I walked into a Georgetown salon and asked for a trim. When I walked out, the guy had cut so much hair that I looked like a mushroom head. Apparently, he wanted me to bring back the bowl cut.

Luckily for me, one of my Gap coworkers was a hairstylist by day. He promised me he would fix it and he did. Thanks to him, I was able to go out in public again. He gave me this haircut (for those of you who don't know me, I'm on the left):
Because my hair had a funky style, I needed to color to match. So, my Cali colorist, Mischa, started adding red highlights to go with my blond. This can best be seen in this picture:
I needed a change, so I started to grow it out a bit. I was digging the shoulder length. Suddenly, the crazy highlights were too funky for the shoulder length hair, so I decided the color needed to go. Bye bye, blond. Bye bye, red. Say hello to brown!
By the way, there are some honey-colored lowlights in there but the picture doesn't do them justice. I guess you'll just to have to see them in person! Also, my hair is not that aerodynamic. It was breezy at the beach yesterday.

So far, I have received the following comments about my new hair:
Mom: "I didn't know you were going to change your color. I miss the red and the blonde." (For the record, my mom is very sensitive about my hair. She hated the short cut because she said it made me look like a boy. She's hard to please when it comes to my hair.)
Linda: "I like it. It's different."
Jesse: "I think it's beautiful."

What do you guys think?

No comments: