Tuesday, May 22, 2007

pretty please with a cherry on top

The lovely people I work for are sending me to Chicago for Memorial Day weekend (to work, of course). I volunteered so I’m not bitter about having my three day weekend taken away from me. However, I will have quite a bit of free time to explore the city and stuff. I’ve been to Chicago before (again for work) and I got to do some stuff but not a whole lot, mostly because it was freezing cold in the middle of December. I know that the city has more to offer than shopping (and baseball) but I’m not entirely sure what. And that’s where my lovely blog peeps come in.

Luckily for me, my friends Roo Roos and Kattie will be in Chicago at the same time. But I don’t want to impose on these peeps’ vacays so in those cases where I will be on my own in the city, what should I do? I know that some of you loyal blog peeps have been to Chi-town, are from Chi-town and/or love Chi-town, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please, please, please help me…

P.S. I’ve already been shopping on Michigan Avenue…not like I’m opposed to doing that again.

4 comments:

Mary Kate + Joe Battles said...

Being from Chicago, of course I'm gonna chime in!

First, you must check out Milennium Park- sooooo cool. You can spend a few hours there, easy.

You must also go with your friends to the craziest restaurant ever, Ed Debevic's. You'll love it!

I'm not sure what's going on at Navy Pier, but you should see if it's anything cool.

A must is the art museum... I'm in love with those lions out front.

Going to the top of the John Hancock building is always fun.

And if you need a laugh, go to Secind City- home of many great comics like Colbert.

And when it comes to shopping- Marshall Field's is a must. Yes, it is now Macy's but the charm and ambiance of MF is still there. Get some Frango mints or some marzipan and enjoy!

-MK

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm going up there again right after you! (for ASCO - is that why you're going?)

Love, love, love Chicago! (and Chicagoans - the stereotypes are true: Midwesterners are some of the friendliest folks around! :)

I would totally move there in a heartbeat if it weren't so cold!

The Field Museum and aquarium are worth checking out too. The live blues music.. it's all good!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I agree with dcweddings...go to Ed De Bevics, it is super fun! Also, go to Gino's East...AMAZING pizza! I went to the Shedd Aquarium, which was really neat too.

Have fun!

an orange county girl said...

peeps--thank you so much for all of your ideas. I knew i could count on you for help! i'll do what i can to see everything you suggested. i really, REALLY appreciate the recommendations!!!

sunchaser--actually, i'm going for ACNM and i'm looking forward to it! nothing like talking about the birth process to keep you from having babies...