It appears that I’ve been put on notice…I mean, tagged. At the request of the lovely Madame Meow at a Daily Dose of Zen Sarcasm (an excellent blog, BTW), I have been asked to give you 8 random facts about me. Here are the meme rules:
- I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog post about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
- Little people scare me. No really, they do. I know that’s a horrible thing to say, but I can’t even get through Charlie and the Chocolate Factory without feeling incredibly uncomfortable. And I’m not even sure where this fear comes from. I’m a truly awful person, I know.
- I’m actually REALLY looking forward to the Spice Girls reunion. In fact, I might even be willing to shell out some moola if they have a reunion tour and it comes to DC. And I will definitely get the greatest hits compilation CD. Come on, admit it. The mere mention of “zig-a-zig-ah” brings a smile to your face. Hopefully Posh Spice will dye her hair back to brown for the reunion. I’m so over that platinum blonde bob she has (actually, the bob is fine, I just hate the color).
- I am 100% confident that the one decision I will never regret in my life is going to USC. The education was top notch, the extracurriculars were more than worthwhile, and the football team rocks! In fact, I wouldn’t even be in DC had it not been for the USC DC program. And when I have kids, they’ll definitely be going to USC. Jesse doesn’t know this, however. I’ve told him that I would want our kids to go to whatever school would make them happy, even if that school is Virginia Tech (his alma mater). But the truth is that I know they’ll love USC better.
- I’ve always been an above average basketball player. In college, I played IM-REC co-ed basketball. During my freshman year, I played pick up games with the boys in my dorm but I had to convince my best guy friend at the time, Mack, to let me play. Let’s just say I was a blessing in disguise. Once, I spent an entire game making open three-point shots because the guys on the other team didn’t feel it was worth their time to guard me. I had made 4 in a row. When I jumped up to make my 5th shot, some guy from the other team decided to guard me a few seconds too late. I came down from my shot, landed on him, and then rolled over on my ankle. I limped for a whole week. That was the last of my pick up game days.
- My all-time favorite movie is The Lion King (this is not the random fact). It came out in 1994 (I was 15 at the time). The year it came out, my mom bought me a whole Lion King kids bedroom set (which I happily set up in my room) and over the years, I have amassed quite a collection of Lion King stuffies. When I moved away to college, I tried to recreate my Lion King bed in my dorm and I brought a few stuffies with me. Currently, in my bedroom back in Cali, my bed is still all Lion King and the stuffies take up half of the bed. My bedroom is apparently my niece’s favorite room in my mom’s house (in case you forgot, Serena Rose is 2 years old).
- My college roommate and I use to philosophize about male/female relationships when we weren’t cramming for Bio or Chem freshman year. We even came up with some of our own theories, including one that we tested over and over again. We called it the (Insert my last name here)-(Insert roommie’s last name here) Theory. It was our pride and joy. I can’t remember the exact wording, but essentially we theorized that a not-so-physically-attractive man could be made attractive if he had a great personality.
- When I lived in California, I was always pretty tan. This was no accident. I would purposely lie out in the sun to get darker any time of year. Now, I am completely the opposite (well, that skin cancer really makes you avoid the sun at all costs). However, I still carry my Cali driver’s license with me (with a picture of a very, very tan me). Whenever I show my ID at bars and restaurants, I often get a double take and a “wow, you look so different now.” The difference between me then and me now is literally like night and day.
- I have the biggest girl crush on Gwen Stefani. If I were a lesbian, I would totally want to hook up with her. Jesse really hates it when I say that.
Ok, I’m done. I don’t want to force anyone to continue the meme so I’m just going to throw some blogger names out there and if anyone wants to share some randomness, then go for it: sunchaser, dcweddingphotog, photobugchick , any of the Hokie bloggers on the right.