I’m goin back home to the west coast
I wish you woulda put yourself in my suitcase…
- My niece’s birthday is December 21st and I finally get to spend her birthday with her. On Sunday, Serena’s being thrown a big party “at the horsies”—at the stables where she’s learning to ride her horse. There will be other kids there so I’m not sure just how much I’ll enjoy myself. But I can’t wait to spend time with her.
- Last Saturday, while my mom was babysitting Serena, she asked, “Is that nina?” every time the phone rang. I really, really wish I had called on Saturday.
- I’m nearly done with my Christmas shopping. I’m buying the last part of Jesse’s gift tonight and I will finish my mom’s gift tomorrow. I so can’t wait to be done. God bless online shopping and free shipping coupon codes.
- I’m flying home on Sunday and Jesse will be joining me later in the week. We’ll be apart for 3 days. I think we need it right now. Things have been so crazy emotional lately (oh, wait, I’m the only crazy one) and I just need a break. Looking forward to spending some time with my family and Big Sis.
- Speaking of my Big Sis, she and I are going to Disneyland! I’m not sure why I want to go so badly, but I really do. I’m totally looking forward to it. I love Disneyland around the holidays. I’m usually so Grinch-y, but D-land will definitely put me in the holiday mood.
- I want to avoid all malls while in Cali. Really. I do.
- Jesse wants to go to Malibu this time. And the Watts Towers. I’m definitely going to take him. He asks me about the Watts Towers every time we go to Cali and honestly I’ve never been but I can’t imagine it’s a big tourist destination in L.A. I’d rather go to Griffith Observatory if the smoke from the fires has finally cleared away.
- The smoke from the fires made the smog in L.A. even uglier than usual. Which I didn’t think was possible.
- When I leave on Sunday, there will be a wintry mix blanketing the Washington DC area. For all of you West Coasters, wintry mix = rain, snow, ice, and sleet too probably.
- Wintry mix, wintry mix, go away. Come again another day…like after Sunday. If my flight is delayed, I’m going to be pissed.
- In case you’re wondering about the forecast for Cali, it looks like this—66, 65, 66, 63, 62, 61, 64. I CAN’T WAIT.