Friday, August 15, 2008

fun, frisky felines: my day as a cat

I've been sick this whole week which means I've spent several days in bed. Fortunately, I have not been in bed alone.


I've often wondered what the fur babies do all day when Jesse and I are at work. Now I know. They sleep. ALL DAY. Literally.


So, I did what they did. I slept all day. And it was heavenly.

Occasionally, I got up and so did the babies. They'd get up and groom each other. When they were done with each other, Nicky would come over and give me kisses on my nose and forehead (I got the impression that he was grooming me).
 
  
 


And then, when we were finished, we'd all go back to sleep.



A couple of hours later, we'd all wake up and do it all over again (Wake---Groom---Sleep).

Damn. Our babies have it so easy. I wish I was a cat. I'd love to sleep all day, have someone clean up after me, give me a nice home and all I would have to do in return is look cute and rub up on my peeps when hungry.



Sounds like a perfect life to me.

2 comments:

Capitol Hill 20210 said...

ha - yeah mine don't do that - except susie cat since she is the senior citizen of the bunch.

Its more like, sleep, play, play, play -

actually this morning when I was putting make up on - i witnessed the cutest thing ever - Nermal and sydney were sitting across each other rolling a ball back and forth - awww

an orange county girl said...

zipcode--well, i'm sure they play a lot too (I've seen them do that on the weekends), but since i was already in bed, looking pretty comfy, they decided to join in the nap time fun.

nerms is so adorable. i showed jesse all of those pics you've sent to me and he agrees. she's the sweetest thing ever.