Like the typical Libra that I am, I'm totally undecided about the inauguration. It's not like I have tickets or anything. But I have this strong desire to go there and just soak in the history-making.
Even if I can't see the jumbotron.
Because I can't decide (and Jesse's been no help with his "Let's just do whatever you want"), I made a pro/con list which I will share with you because I'm still undecided (damn that Libra-ness!).
- Being a witness to history! Duh.
- Probably owe it to my future (biracial) children to be a witness
- Because this was the first time I actually helped someone get elected by donating money and by volunteering my time
- Want to experience Obama euphoria (def.--the feeling of extreme happiness when surrounded by Obama supporters/volunteers while volunteering for the campaign)
- Because seriously, when am I going to be this excited over an inauguration again?
- Secret Service is closing off the bridges from VA so I feel the need to represent the state I voted in because the Secret Service is obviously trying to limit the number of Virginians (insert eye roll here)
- Lots of my friends will be there
- Since lots of my friends will be there, if I don't go, I will be jealous of them if they come back with good stories of the experience.
- Don't feel comfortable being jealous of my friends because I heart them.
- I will need to get up REALLY early if I want to stand a shot of seeing it from the same side of the Potomac
- It might will be cold
- It might be so cold I need a blanket in addition to several layers of clothing, my puffy down jacket, and my snow boots (which I will wear not for snow but for warmth)
- Secret Service is not allowing big bags so how am I going to bring in a blanket?
- Gasp! I will have to buy longjohns for the first time in my life
- Metro will be one HOT MESS on Tuesday
- No port-o-potties so bladder control and lack of bowel movement for approx. 12 hours is a MUST.
- Could easily watch it from home on the TV while in a warm bed snuggling with Jesse and the kitties.
So...what do you think blog peeps? Knowing how much I supported Obama during the election and the fact that I'm from Cali which means I'm allergic to the cold, what would you do?