The White House Correspondents Association Dinner was this past Saturday. Comedienne Wanda Sykes took on the comedic roll made famous by Stephen Colbert in 2006 (best roast EVER...don't believe me? see for yourself).
The GOP is up in arms over some of the jokes Wanda Sykes made about Rush Limbaugh. In case you missed it, this is what she said:
"Mr. President . . . you've had your fair share of critics. ... Rush Limbaugh, one of your big critics, boy — Rush Limbaugh said he hopes this administration fails. So you’re saying, ‘I hope America fails.’ You’re like, ‘I don’t care about people losing their homes, their jobs or our soldiers in Iraq.’ He just wants our country to fail.Considering my hatred for Rush, I laughed my *ss off. A certain political party who has anointed Rush as their new leader thinks otherwise.
To me, that’s treason. He’s not saying anything differently than Osama bin Laden is saying. You know you might want to look into this, sir, because I think Rush Limbaugh was the 20th hijacker but he was just so strung out on Oxycontin he missed his flight
“You’re laughing inside, I know you’re laughing.
“Rush Limbaugh — I hope the country fails. I hope his kidneys fail, how about that?
“He needs a waterboarding, that’s what he needs.”
Oh boo hoo. A liberal lesbian comic has offended Rush Limbaugh and is hoping that he dies. I can think of other more offensive statements...
- When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it’s an invitation.
- The difference between Los Angeles and yogurt is that yogurt comes with less fruit.
- Have you ever noticed how all newspaper composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?
- The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.
- I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.
- You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray. We miss you, James. Godspeed.
- "Too many whites are getting away with drug use...Too many whites are getting away with drug sales...The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them, and send them up the river, too." Eight years later..."I am addicted to prescription pain medication."
- He is exaggerating the effects of the disease. He's moving all around and shaking and it's purely an act. This is really shameless of Michael J. Fox. Either he didn't take his medication or he's acting.
- Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream of society.
I'm vehemently against torture. But I would happily waterboard Rush any day.