Sunday, July 2, 2006

about my favorite guy ever

Yesterday, I spent the day with my favorite guy (who shall remain nameless). There are quite a few reasons why he is my favorite guy out of all the guys I know and he demonstrated some of those reasons yesterday.

It all started with my desire to see the movie, The Devil Wears Prada. Expecting to be shot down, I asked him to come. To my surprise, he said, "yes" with little hesitation. During the movie, he sat there with me and kept an open mind. While watching, I could tell that he was getting it--the jokes and fashion references. He even recognized Heidi Klum in a cameo (which I guess is not so hard when you're a straight male.)! But he didn't recognize her from the Victoria's Secret ads. He recognized her from one of my favorite shows--Project Runway!

Following the movie, I asked my favorite guy if he liked it. He said he had enjoyed it! By this point, I probably should've suspended disbelief, but I continued to remain pleasantly surprised. A nice conversation about the good and bad stuff in the movie followed and it made me very happy.

We then ventured on to Ikea. Trips to Ikea always end up being adventures with my favorite guy because we look at every single thing and end up picking up things we didn't intend to buy. He listened to everything I had to say about the stuff he thought he should buy and really valued my opinion. Afterwards, I was allowed to pick our dinner spot and I requested Red Robin (one of the few chain restaurants I actually enjoy). My request was met without resistance. A trip back to Arlington followed. And during this whole day, my favorite guy was decked out in Cali references--a UCSC tee and Padres visor.

So, favorite guy, I'm pretty sure I forgot to thank you for the fun and hijinx yesterday. Oh, and I think I forgot to tell you that you looked sexy in your Banana Slugs shirt.

No comments: