Monday, September 18, 2006

college football: ranking the rankings

I've been very disappointed by the Associated Press this year. I hesitate to criticize them because they are responsible for USC's share of the national title in 2003. However, I've been questioning their rankings lately. Thankfully, there are quite a few rankings out there for college football fans and one of the rankings that the BCS takes into account (the Coaches' Poll) is close to being right. This is how I rank the rankings...

Decent: the AP Poll To the people giving their first place votes to West Virginia: please refrain from voting until West Virginia plays a ranked opponent. Thank you.

Better: the USA Today/ESPN Coaches' Poll Not bad, USA Today. Your fan poll sucks though.

Best: I may be a little biased here, but the JP Power Poll is the smartest one out there. Someone please give this guy an AP vote. I just can't argue with USC at #1.

I'm telling you, peeps. We're a force to be reckoned with. Even WaPo had a great article about this today titled, "Don't forget about the Trojans." Remember last month when I said that the Post knows nothing about college football? Ok, I take it back.

No comments: