Friday, September 8, 2006

let's talk about sex, baby

I enjoy talking about sex. But how great is it to talk about sex and get paid for it? No, I haven’t given up my public health career for that of a phone sex operator (although I’ve been told I have a sexy voice). I just love being at this sexual health conference.

Over the last couple of days, I have heard women talk about their sex drives, grown men teasing women about the size of their vulva, older women talking about their need for more hormones, and a discussion on whether size really matters. This is awesome.

I’ve enjoyed checking out the exhibitors. Sure, a lot of them are pharmaceutical companies, but occasionally, you run into the “interesting” people. For example, a representative from the Male Contraception Project is here. How great would it be if Science develops a male contraceptive pill? That would certainly take the burden off of the woman.

Also, there are two companies here that are distributing their female sexual experience-enhancing gels. Apparently, they are made with natural ingredients and are hypoallergenic. You just put some on your clitoris before sex and then you’re on your way to multiple orgasms. Although I’m not experiencing any sexual dysfunction, I will “take one for the team” and test these out for ya (come on, ladies, you’re dying to know). Jesse, doesn’t that sound like fun?

Among the other goodies I picked up are: free pens, a letter opener, condom lollipops, and a cute pin that says, "choice on earth."

Also, Planned Parenthood is here and I bought a t-shirt from them. Although I was very tempted to purchase their “Kiss me, I’m pro-choice” t-shirt (Jesse would never let me wear it in case someone takes me up on the offer), I ended up with the "stop the war on choice" shirt (a very cute, fitted, american apparel ringer tee).

I love my job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like youre having a blast! enjoy it!!! (and bring home samples... ;-) -MK