Thursday, September 7, 2006

I LEFT MY BOYFRIEND

So, I have once again come down with a really bad case of separation anxiety. It was so hard to leave Jesse yesterday for San Diego. It just didn't seem right that I would be going to his favorite city ever without him.

He dropped me off at Dulles yesterday morning and I was dreading the goodbye the whole trip over. When we hugged, I wanted to stay in his arms forever. "I don't wanna go" I told him over and over. He said, "It's ok. It's only for a couple of days." Yeah, well that doesn't change the fact that I'm gonna miss him terribly.

I had a window seat on my flight to San Diego. Somehow, we ended up coming from the south towards the airport. Right before we were about to land, I saw the Coronado and the long bridge you have to take to get to it. I recalled Jesse's first visit to California with me. Since it was his first time, I wanted to make sure he got a comprehensive picture of how wonderful southern Cali is. We spent 5 days of our 10 day trip in San Diego. We did Sea World and the Zoo. We spent time in Balboa Park. We had a romantic dinner in Coronado off the water. We went to Torrey Pines so Jesse could see the famous golf course. We went to several Padres games and thoroughly enjoyed their new baseball park--Petco.

So, when I saw Coronado yesterday, my heart sank to my stomach. I really wish Jesse could be here with me.

I doubt Jesse knows this, but I had a rebirth of sorts during his first visit to Cali. It was wonderful to see my home through his eyes. Places and faces that I had taken for granted suddenly seemed fresh and fascinating. And seeing Jesse, happy beyond words, was more valuable to me than all the happy memories we made on that trip.

No comments: