Friday, August 18, 2006

while the boyfriend was out...

Today is the day, peeps. Jesse gets back into town today, around 6 pm at Dulles and I can hardly wait. The time apart has been unbearable despite my attempts at distraction. The following is a list of things I was able to accomplish without the boo:

• Watched Season 3 of Sex and the City. I totally forgot that Season 3 moved beyond Charlotte’s wedding.
• Made dinner for myself 3 times. For that 4th dinner, I consumed a bowl of ice cream.
• Watered the plants. They’re Jesse’s, not mine so this is technically an accomplishment.
• I actually took out the garbage. There’s this unspoken agreement that I do not have to take out the trash unless I’m helping Jesse do it (and then he lets me take out the least disgusting trash bag).
• Killed some cockroaches (this is a big achievement because I don’t do bugs). Well…at least I think they’re dead. I tried to wash them down the drain. However, I think they have friends (like the one I didn’t kill yesterday who was apparently the search party for the “missing” roaches).
• Hung out with some really cool blogger gals. Thanks for the invite, ladies. Hope to drink with ya’ll again.
• Walked around the place naked. Oh, who am I kidding? I do that when Jesse’s around.

The following is a list of things I didn’t do without Jesse:
• The laundry, because Jesse has the key to the laundry room. Poor Jesse has only one pair of clean boxers left. I prefer that he walk around naked anyways.
• Pick up the mail, because Jesse has the mail key.
• Watch “Snakes on a Plane,” because we just have to go see that TOGETHER.
• Sleep. Cuddling with Manny helped, but not much. Besides, I was always cold.

I survived (well, I’ve got about 4 hours to go, but I think it’s still safe to say so). He won’t be going away to Denver ever again.

What? What’d you say? He’s got to go back to train more people? GOSH DARN IT!

3 comments:

Law-Rah said...

It was great to meet you! I promise that next time I will be more social and less of the sitting in the corner.

Mary Kate + Joe Battles said...

boo on laundry! glad your boo is home!

Unknown said...

thanks, ladies!